Trade Rumors: Dodgers and Reds last two left in Victorino pursuit
Here’s a running list of trade rumors around the Major leagues:
–The Dodgers and Reds are the last two standing in the Victorino race, Jerry Crasnick of ESPN.com reports.
– Even though there were heavy trade rumors surrounding Josh Johnson last week, Jayson Stark of ESPN says that the Marlins will keep him “unless something unforeseen happens.”
– Jon Heyman of CBSSports says that the asking price for Shane Victorino is “outrageous.”
– A source close to Ken Rosenthal of FOXSports tells him that outfielder Alfonso Soriano remains part of discussions between Dodgers and Cubs involving right hander Ryan Dempster.
– Sources close to Jon Paul Morosi of FOXSports report that the Indians have been receiving calls on outfielder Shin-Soo Choo and reliever Chris Perez.
– The Philadelphia Phillies have expressed interest in Padres third baseman Chase Headley according to Jon Paul Morosi of FOXSports.
– The Baltimore Orioles are still trying to add pitching help and according to Danny Knobler of CBSSports, they have talked to the Phillies about right handed pitcher Joe Blanton.
– Right handed pitcher Rafael Betancourt has been drawing interest from the Oakland Athletics, Atlanta Braves, Toronto Blue Jays, Los Angeles Angels and Texas Rangers according to Troy Renck of the Denver Post. He adds that the A’s have been “aggressive” and that they could “send back Guillermo Moscoso in a deal.”
– According to Jon Heyman of CBSSports, the Dodgers, Blue Jays and Giants have shown interest in first baseman Justin Morneau. He adds that the Twins “seem to have more appetite to trade Morneau” than Denard Span or Josh Willingham.
– Right handed pitcher Kevin Correia lost his starter job when the Pirates acquired left hander Wandy Rodriguez and according to Rob Biertempfel of the Pittsburgh Tribune-Review he wants to be traded. “I want to start,” he said. “For that to happen, I’ll have to go someplace else.”
– The Philadelphia Phillies are willing to move outfielder Hunter Pence, but according to Jim Salisbury of CSNPhilly, they price is high. He says that Shane Victorino and Joe Blanton are the ones drawing more interest.
– The Padres might wait until the winter to trade third baseman Chase Headley according to Buster Olney of ESPN. He says that the Padres aren’t “far down the road in their Headley trade talks,” so they might wait until the off season when more teams would be involved.
– The Pittsburgh Pirates are interested in Indians outfielder Shin-Soo Choo according to Rob Biertempfel of the Pittsburgh Tribune-Review. He adds that the Indians could ask for Starling Marte in return. Tim Brown of Yahoo Sports says that the Dodgers are also interested in Choo.
– According to Jeff Passan of Yahoo Sports, the Boston Red Sox have called the Rangers and Braves within the last 48 hours to gauge interest in right handed pitcher Josh Beckett, although no deal is imminent yet. The Red Sox called the Rangers and Braves, because they feel Beckett would waive his no trade clause (10/5) in order to go with either team. A source close to Passan adds that although the Dodgers didn’t receive a call from the Red Sox, they could be interested in him.
Image by SD Dirk under the Creative Commons License Agreement.