Motorola says previously teased 4G LTE device on Facebook is a false alarm
Remember our previous report earlier today about a purported yet-to-be-revealed smartphone from Motorola? Well, as exciting as it may seem, it appears that we’ve got it all wrong. TechRadar is reporting that company representatives from Motorola are saying that it was a false alarm. “We’re sorry for the confusion, but it’s a Facebook game asking people to guess a current smartphone and not meant to come across as a new phone,” Becki Leonard, a Motorola spokeswoman, told the publication. Too bad, as people were really expecting for a new device to be unveiled this coming Friday, particularly the Droid RAZR HD that we’ve been talking about since April.
Motorola’s chief communications officer, Jennifer Erickson, has denied the speculation saying, “It’s a phone already on the market.” Motorola, however, did not comment about the availability of the Droid RAZR HD and whether or not it will be announced soon. Just a week ago, we wrote to you about the international version of the Motorola Razr HD that has been spotted over at Vodafone’s network. Still, it raises more questions than answers. Do you think that Motorola was just trying to divert our attention a bit and throw us off the scent to a possible launching of the device?
By Ubergizmo. Related articles: Sprint commences Motorola Photon Q 4G LTE training, release date announcement imminent?, Motorola teases new 4G LTE device, to be revealed this coming August 10,